top of page

Crossing the border with Morocco by car + documents needed

Documents needed to enter Morocco:

  1. Driver's license and car documents

  2. Local insurance or Green card given from your insurance

  3. Document for car import (normally made by the border officials)

For many people crossing the border goes quickly and easily. With your documents you go to the border, and the officials there create an import document for your car. If you have a Green Card, which you normally obtain from your insurance, you are ready to go. If not you must buy local insurance, sold right at the border (CAT-office).

It is very important to not lose the Document of import.

For our van, the local insurance for two months costed us 1540 MAD (154 euro)

1 EUR = 10 MAD (at the insurance company)

Green Card Document of import